Organizational Profile | Name of the organization | FULLY
Organizational Profile | Primary brands, products, and/or services | FULLY
Organizational Profile | Number of countries where the organization operates, and names of countries with either major operations or that are specifically relevant to the sustainability issues covered in the report | FULLY
Organizational Profile | Markets served (including geographic breakdown, sectors served, and types of customers/beneficiaries) | FULLY
Alpek is Mexico’s largest petrochemical company and the second largest in Latin America.
- Operating in two business segments: Polyester, and Plastics and Chemicals.
- North America’s leading integrated polyester producer.
- Only manufacturer of polypropylene and caprolactam in Mexico.
- Operates the largest expandable polystyrene (EPS) plant in the Americas.
- 16 plants and 4,550 employees in Mexico, the United States and Argentina.
- 90% of Alpek’s products used for food, beverage and consumer goods packaging.
- Listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange since April 2012.